Your safety's our #1 priority. Let's work together to keep you safe.
Safety Tips from Our Security Team
- Immediately report any suspicious activity to Security.
- If you are working late, please feel free to call Security for an escort to your vehicle in our parking garage, or to the street on Commerce Court property.
- Don't leave valuables unattended in your office; lock them in a secure area.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with a cheque, credit card, or debit card when possible, and always protect your PIN number.
- Consolidate your packages to avoid making several trips to your vehicle.
- Watch for “piggy backing,” when an unauthorized person follows an authorized person into a restricted or locked space, such as an office. If you observe someone who has “piggy-backed” into your space or see someone you do not recognize, ask them if you can assist them, direct them to the receptionist for visitor processing, or if in doubt, call security.
- When parking, be aware of your surroundings, lock all valuables in your vehicle's trunk and keep your vehicle doors locked and windows closed. If parking off site at night, park in a well-lit area.
- If you have seasonal or other decorations in your work area, please be sure that you do not overload any electrical circuits.
View our Fire & Life Safety Procedures video below: